Sunday 24 March 2013

ATONEMENT (THE BOOK) PAGE 6



 ‘Don’t touch me’ she screamed as the man wearing the face mask peered in to her eyes flashing a small touch, she shoved his hand away as he touched her face again.
‘What part of don’t touch me is hard for you to comprehend?
‘I see you are finally awake ‘he countered without answering her question.
She continued to eye him suspiciously ‘this part where you become aware of your surroundings feel better and get discharged’
‘I know I am at the hospital, isn’t that lucid enough for you ‘she tried to get up oh my head hurts ‘she exclaimed he tried to lower her down
‘Does this mean I am also a prisoner? She inquired peering at him
‘You are a real chatter box, aren’t you? He laughed taking off his mask revealing a short beard and a well trimmed mustache on his dark features.
He smiled at her ‘high time I guess’ she murmured ‘pardon me, didn’t get you’
She let out her breath ‘I simply meant it’s high time I saw the face of my jailor’
He bursts in to laughter you have a good sense of humor too, well this particular jailor won’t let you leave until you are well over ok’
‘Now Flora? She nodded ‘how do you feel now?
‘A little bit hazy, that’s all; I can’t seem to imagine why I got here in the first instance’
‘It was majorly a nervous breakdown relating to stress; in future I will advise that you rest more’
‘The men who brought you here ’relatives I presume? She didn’t say a word.
‘Well’ he continued they are waiting outside your door, have a good day Flora’
‘Back at ya doctor’ he smiled at her once again as he went out.
The two men who had visited her apartment before she collapsed came in looking grim.
The short man hovered at the doorway while the young officer advanced towards her.
Without preliminaries he spoke up
‘Your car is back at the parking lot, in front of your flat we would advise that you report any suspicious happenings in future ‘he reached for his pocket and brought out a business card.
They both stepped out of the room as quietly as they came in. she felt the movement again in her stomach and patted it softly.
‘I would definitely be a worthy vessel ‘she whispered looking down at her stomach…………………………….

No comments: